The founder of Mu-Kuang, Dr. CHEN Wu-Fu, purchased the land to build up a school, which located in No. 11, Bei-Cheng St., Luo-Dong Town, and established the board of directors. The land is an area of about 2,310 meter square and the floor area of building is about 660 meter square.
1959 “Mu-Kuang Learning Center of The Blind”
>>1959, December 3rd
The school was named of “Mu-Kuang Learning Center of The Blind” and the first session of opening ceremony was held.
To enhance the function of helping the blind, the name was changed to “Mu-Kuang Welfare Hall for The Blind” approved by the government.
1960“Mu-Kuang Welfare Hall for The Blind”
Because of the inadequacy of old facility and the intention to expand service for the blind, Mu-Kuang was moved to the current address, No.179, Sec. 3, Dong-Shan Rd., Dong-Shan Town. The new location is an area of 4,950 meter square and the floor area of building is more than 1,650 meter square.
1968 The new location
>>1984, July 26th
The registration of being a legal foundation was accomplished.
>>2000, December 4th
To improve quantity and quality of service for the blind over the country, and to provide a more complete non-barrier environment and multi-function facility, new school buildings were built and available for use on the current location.
2000 new school buildings